Urban Underground needs to hook up its space and we want your help. We would like to top-off our current building renovation with art that reflects the mission, soul, and energy of our space. Urban Underground shares space with several other amazing programs and agencies that focus on a range of issues including: Youth Leadership, Art, Education, Technology, Innovation, Girl Empowerment, Health, Brotherhood, and more. This building functions as a Community Innovation Center and we want art that inspires creativity and reflects the essence our collective work.
Artists with a commitment to community and experience producing dope works-of-art are invited to submit pieces for the mural contest. Submissions will be reviewed by staff and voted on by Urban Underground youth leaders. The winning pieces will be commissioned for exterior or interior application.
- Artist must draw (preferably in color) the mural they wish to paint
- The artist must have experience being the lead painter of at least one-mural
- Artist must be able to dedicate time to complete mural in four weeks or less
- Winning artist(s) must begin work within one week of selection
- Pieces will be selected based on creativity, quality, and relevance to the essence of Urban Underground and its partners. (see 1st paragraph above)
- One exterior mural winner will receive $1,000
- Three interior mural winners will receive $500 each
- An artist may submit multiple pieces for consideration.
- An artist will receive a prize per-piece that is selected
- Artist must provide own paint and materials including brushes
- Mural must be completed by October 31, 2014
- Artist must be willing to provide at least 1 reference who can vouch for skill and follow-through
- Artist may collaborate with other artists on painting the mural however the primary artist must submit the proposal and will be accountable for completion
- Artist must be willing to teach and allow teens to assist with painting of the selected mural
1) Draw your proposed mural.
2) Submt proposed mural before the September 19th 11:59pm deadline (Click below to submit)
3) If your proposed mural is selected we will contact you to sign a contract and begin work